Economic Justice & Democracy
In the past few years, thousands of customer service jobs in the United States have disappeared. But demand isn’t shrinking and profits aren’t down. Companies already making billions off of U.S. consumers are shipping good jobs overseas to call centers in Mexico, India, and the Philippines. These big corporations are boosting their profits at the expense of our jobs and our communities.
Congress can help put a stop to this by passing H.R.1300 and S.515, common sense legislation that:
- Requires that U.S. callers be told the location of the call center to which they are speaking.
- Offers callers the opportunity to be connected to a U.S.-based call center.
- Makes U.S. companies who offshore their call center jobs ineligible for certain federal grants and taxpayer-funded loans.
We need to let Congress know that keeping American workers employed and our communities strong should be their top priority. Sign our petition today.
To: U.S. Congressional Leaders
From: [Your Name]
In recent years, AT&T, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile and other companies have closed dozens of call centers in the United States and sent thousands of valuable service sector jobs overseas. I urge you to bring these jobs back by co-sponsoring H.R.1300 or S.515, common sense legislation that keeps American workers employed and keeps our communities strong.
Offshoring enriches the executives’ bottom line, but destroys American families, depresses our wages, and turns U.S. jobs into poverty-level jobs overseas, while putting U.S. consumers' personal and financial information at risk.
Please stand up for working Americans by taking action to stop call center offshoring!
SIGN THIS PETITIONFIRST NAMELAST NAMEEMAIL *ZIP/POSTAL CODE *Not in the US?
- ARE YOU A CWA MEMBER OR RETIREE?Active CWA MemberRetired CWA MemberOther/Not a CWA Member
- DO YOU WORK IN CUSTOMER SERVICE?YesNo
- Choose One Choose One Altice USA American Airlines AT&T AT&T Mobility Avaya CenturyLink Cricket Wireless DIRECTV Frontier Purple Communication T-Mobile Verizon Verizon Wireless VisionWorks Other
501 3rd Street NW, Washington, DC 20001